The Shocking Truth About Dog Bites in 2023


Did you know dogs are the third deadliest creatures on Earth? Let's dive into some eye-opening statistics about dog bites.

Who's Most at Risk?

Half of the 4.5 million dog bite victims are children. Learn how to protect your little ones

The Culprits

Pitbulls and Rottweilers top the list for causing the most injuries and fatalities.

Unneutered Dogs

70% of dog bites come from unneutered male dogs. The importance of neutering your pet.

Fatalities by State

Which U.S. states have the highest number of fatal dog bites? The answer might surprise you

Medical Care

81% of dog bite injuries don't require medical care, but what about the remaining 19%?

Postal Employees

In 2020, nearly 6,000 postal employees were attacked by dogs. How to keep your mail carrier safe.

Reconstructive Surgery

Over 28,000 people had to undergo reconstructive surgery due to dog bites in 2005


Dog bites are a serious issue but are mostly preventable. Awareness and education are key.