As a cat owner, you’re likely familiar with “ scarf and barf”- which basically refers to cats/pets unleashing the beasts inside them upon the sight of food; eating as if it’s the last meal they’ll ever get to eat.
That then results in, very expectedly, bloating and throwing that all up.
Thankfully, there are many solutions available out there in the form of slow-feeder cat bowls that come in a variety of shapes, sizes, designs, and functions.
And if you are a noob to all of this and a newbie cat owner, this article will be an excellent guide, outlining the best cat slow feeders so you may pick the one you find ideal.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
DotPet Ceramic Slow Feed Plate
- Material: Ceramic
- Color: White
Outward Hound Fun Feeder
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Mint
Catit Senses 2.0 Slow Feeder
- Material: BPA-free materials
- Color: Green,White
Lickimat Casper Slow Feeders
- Material: Rubber
- Color: Green
Petstages Interactive Slow Feeder
- Material: hard plastic
- Color: Green Wave
Gulp Stopping Plastic Slow Feeder
- Material: Melamine
- Color: Round-Green
Petmate Jackson Feeder Bowl
- Material: Blend
- Color: Multi
Elevated Cat Slow Feeder Bowl
- Material: Polyester
- Color: White
Value for Money
DETOP Cat Slow Feeder Bowl
- Material: Pure silicone Eco-friendly
- Color: Blue
Best Cat Slow Feeders
No matter what type of cat slow feeder you get, you need to look for particular characteristics while choosing. Sturdiness, easy cleaning, and physical/mental stimulation are one of the most important ones.
Let’s dive in to find the best slow-feeder bowls for your feline friend.
1. DotPet Ceramic Slow Feed Plate
Dotpet Ceramic Slow Feed Plate offers bloat control without compromising on the appearance aesthetic. It is super practical with its arbitrary ridges shaped liked fish, which makes your cat take longer to eat food than a conventional bowl.
Moreover, this lorde slow feeder cat bowl comes in an ideal size; it is about 8.7 inches wide and has a thickness of 1.6 inches, a bowl-shaped like a plate, making it different from other slow-feeding bowls.
- High-Quality Ceramic Body: This slow cat feeder has a premium-quality ceramic finish, giving it a super smooth surface. It looks minimalistic and feels good on your cat’s tongue; a win-win.
- Effortless cleaning: Thanks to the slippery coating, cleaning this slow feeder is a piece of cake. You can rinse water over it or put it in a dishwasher. Your cat’s tongue will also come in handy.
- Acts as Cat manipulation Tool – If your cat is a picky eater and asks for a fish buffet every single day, play UNO reverse with this slow feeder. The fish-shaped puzzly surface will keep it busy from thinking, and it will eat the food slowly without even realising it.
- Induces physical Engagement: (a little workout for your lazy cat) If you ever feel jealous of your cat just chilling while you are working super-hard to afford her food it throws up.This slow feeder is a perfect revenge, as it makes those lazy paws work out a little, trying to get the last food particle from the ridge groves.
- Prone to micro-cracks/ potential germ growth: Ceramic bowls are more prone to cracks, which can act as a source of germs and bacteria buildup.
- Prone to breakage: It can break super easily. So, if you and your cat are a little clumsy, it might not be for you.
- Sliding around: Ceramic slow-feeder cat bowls are likely to slip around, which can be a hassle. Although, a rubber mat beneath can solve this problem for you.
DotPet Ceramic Slow Feed Plate
The price of “DotPet Ceramic Plate” varies, so check the latest price at
2. Outward Hound Fun Feeder
Outward Hound Fun Feeder bowl is among the best slow feeder cat bowl liked, recommended by millions of pet owners. It is made up of food-safe plastic, to ensure hygiene. Not only that, it can hold the optimum amount of food; about 2 cups. Not only that, but it is also completely dishwasher safe.
Besides, this slow feeder is suitable for both Cats and dogs and is available in different interactive shapes, sizes and colours. So you can get yours knowing the preferences and likes of your pet.
- Functional Design: The hypnotising patterns will turn your fastest eater in the world cat into down to earth, humble and patient eater. Fun ridging patterns reduce the pace of the eating process by 10 times.
- Firm Base: This slow feeders base is designed to keep the anger issues and greedy nature of your cat/dog in mind. Its non-slippery base makes it win over other slow cat feeders. Making it hard for your Mike Tyson cat to drag it all around.
- Suitable For All types of Food: This slow-feeder cat bowl is suitable for both wet and dry food. Not only that, but you can also give your cat raw or sweet treats.
- Ideal Size: It can hold up to 2 cups of dry food, so whether you have multiple cats or big-sized dogs, this slow-feeding bowl will be enough. You can also get bigger sizes or different patterns depending on your pet’s needs.
- Low maintenance: With this slow feeder bowl, you don’t have to worry about cleaning it. It is safe to wash in the first wrack of the dishwasher, making your life a little easier.
- Prone to teeth/scratch marks: If your cat/dog is an aggressive eater, this slow feeder is prone to get scratch marks, wearing it down, thus reducing its life.
Outward Hound Fun Feeder
The price of “Outward Hound Fun Feeder” varies, so check the latest price at
3. Best Puzzle: Catit Senses 2.0 Cat Digger
Catit Senses 2.0 Cat Digger Slow Feeder cat bowl is one of its kind. The material used to manufacture is sturdy, and toxic-free plastic to ensure your self-centred cat always stays healthy.
Catit senses are suitable for an adult cat. This slow-feeder cat bowl has about length and width of 9.5 inches while an adequate height of 5.7 inches. Plus, the multiple tubes embedded in his cat bowl are of different sizes and can be separated from the bowl.
- Innovative, Fun & Practical: This slow cat feeder is revolutionary; a perfect amalgamation of practicality and fun. The different-sized compartments are added to fit different needs. For example, if you don’t want your cat to devour food in a blink, put it in the longer tube, and for treats and wet food, use the shallow ones.
- Fosters Mental and physical Stimulation: Your cat will try to use its highest IQ brain to figure out this satanic thing (for your cat of course); Catit Senses slow feeder, thus inducing mental exercise. But it doesn’t end here, your cat will have to use her fat lazy paws and struggle physically (poor soul) to get the food out of tubes.Which in turn means, slow eating and better digestion.
- Allows deep Cleaning: This slow cat feeder bowl allows you to dismantle all the tubes super easily; allowing you to thoroughly clean the tubes without any difficulty. Plus, the round bottom of the feeder tubes is simple to clean, leaving no space for germ growth.
- Best for Cats with a digging Passion: Catit Senses 2.o slow cat feeder bowl will not only slow down the pace of feeding time but will also make your cat fall in love with it, thanks to the digging.Cats love digging, as it keeps their claws sharp (not everybody can afford salons). And with Catit Senses 2.0, the unnecessary digging of litter, mud and scratching furniture will also reduce. Sounds like a deal worth grabbing!
- Less suitable for wet food (Best for dry kibble): You surely can give your cat wet food in this slow-feeding bowl, but your cat might not enjoy it so much as it will have to groom a little extra when she’s done eating.
- Flimsy: This cat slow feeder is a little lightweight due to its BPA-free plastic build. So, it might not stay very firm or in one place when your little beast is trying to get every last particle of it.
Catit Senses 2.0 Slow Feeder
The price of “Catit Senses 2.0 Slow Feeder” varies, so check the latest price at
4. LickiMat Fish-Shaped Cat Slow Feeder
Lickimat Casper, as the name says, is neither a bowl nor a plate, but an efficient alternative to slow feeders.
Made of soft rubber, this slow feeder has a super-textured surface in the form of bumps and groves. Due to its rubbery base, and weight it sticks firmly to the surface.
- Durable: This Lickimat is made of rubber, which makes it extremely durable compared to ceramic or plastic slow feeders. It isn’t prone to breaking or being thrashed around like other feeders. Thus, making it long-lasting.
- Travel-Friendly: This rubber Lickimat slow feeder due to its lightweight and portable design makes it easier to carry with you wherever you go. Plus, it will save you from the hassle of carrying cat food, as you can literally feed anything in this functional mat.
- Suitable For All Types Of Cat Food: Whether it’s wet food, dry food, raw treats, yoghurt, or salmon you name it, this Lickimat lets your cat enjoy every type of food.
- Reduces Anxiety and Restlessness in Cats: Lickimt is the best slow-feeder cat that not only promotes maximized digestion but is also get for a cat’s mental health. Its design mimics wild feeding, which acts as a soothing agent so not only your cat eats slower but actually enjoys the food.
- Great for oral hygiene: The textured surface of the Lickimat mat gently scrapes against the cat’s tongue. The stimulation in the tongue induces more saliva production that keeps your cat’s mouth, teeth and gums healthy; thus making it great for oral hygiene. It will also reduce your cat’s mouth stinking so you can smooch them kisses.
- Might Face Difficulty Cleaning: This Lickimat slow feeder is not dishwasher safe, which means you have to hand wash it.The rubbery surface of this slow feeder sort of retains a greasy film, and the water might shoot back at you while you hold it.
- Small Size: This slow feeder is suitable only for one meal time, you cannot leave your cat to this feeder holding meal while staying away from your cat. If you don’t want to get beaten by your pretty feline friend, make sure to leave enough food.
Lickimat Casper Slow Feeders
The price of “Lickimat Casper Slow Feeders ” varies, so check the latest price at
5. Petstages Interactive Slow Feeder
Petstages Kitty Slow Feeder Cat Bowl, in green maze color, works great to make your cat eat slower. It is made of a food-grade plastic that is sturdy and has a non-slip base for seamless eating.
This slow-feeder cat bowl is 5.5 x 5.5 x 1 inch and can hold as much as 3/4 Cup of food. It is suitable for both dry and wet food. Besides that, cleaning it is also hassle-free; it is dishwasher safe, for the first rack and can bear low heat.
- Engaging Maze Pattern: This flow-feeding bowl from the passages comprises interactive partitions, which promote mental stimulation. The ridges in this slow-feeding bowl make your cat struggle a little to get the food, so they eat properly and do not sniff it all. After all this mental workout, your cat might help you with your maths homework.It’s the best slow-feeder cat bowl for disciplined slow feeding and preventing bloating.
- Made of Non-toxic material: The plastic used in this slow-feed cat bowl construction is BPA Free and phthalate-free plastic. This means it doesn’t contaminate the food and is suitable to use for a long-time.
- Economical: Being a cat owner is no different from being a parent, both are expensive and difficult. But there’s no chance of compromising on health, you can’t see your cat vomiting after every meal without feeling their pain. So, this Petstages slow-feeder cat bowl is an affordable option for all of us broke pet lovers.
- Ridges too deep and narrow for cats: You want your cat to slow down, not starve to death, right? And this slow-feeder cat bowl might not be ideal in terms of relaxed eating. Unlike dogs, cats don’t eat with their tongues, which is why your cat is going to struggle to snuggle between the narrow ridges to eat food. So, choose wisely.
- Not whisker-friendly: This slow-feed bowl can take a toll on your cat’s eating routine; it is too deep, and the narrow ridges continuously touch their whiskers resulting in sensory overload. And when they feel uncomfortable they might start avoiding eating food from the mat.
Petstages Kitty Slow Feeder
The price of “Petstages Kitty Slow Feeder ” varies, so check the latest price at
6. Gulp Stopping Plastic Slow Feeder
This slow feeder offers useful features that conventional slow feeder cat bowls don’t; a firmer grip, a wonderful design & carrying handles. Made of melamine, this bowl is super sturdy, thanks to its heavy-duty build. Moreover, this slow feeder holds food enough for two smaller cats or one small dog.
Plus, you can get in 14 different shapes with different patterns and multiple colours, depending on whatever will suit your cat or dog.
- Stain and Odor Free: Being made of melamine, this slow feeder cat bowl has a smooth surface that doesn’t easily get stains and thus preventing any kind of odour if your cats or dog leaves the food. This means it will get as clean as new even if it’s only rinsed with simple tap water.
- Heavy/Floor Stays Scratch Free: With this slow feeder cat bowl, say bye to the floor scratches that your dear cat gave previously dragging the bowl around. It has a rigid body, which makes it shock resistant and stays firm in one place. Thus, your floor stays intact and safe from the shackles of the cutest creature’s food adventures.
- Your pretty Long-nails stay intact: If you love your nails and cat equally, you don’t wanna miss out on this slow feeder. This slow feeder is designed to offer an advantage not only to cats but also to the owner. The two curved handles on the bottom make it super convenient to carry around.
- Anti-skid pads: The bottom lining of this slow feeder is covered with rubber to provide a firmer grip to prevent it from slipping against every type of floor.
- Might not work well in slowing down wet food eating: Although there are multiple options available, but this particular maze green slow feeder doesn’t efficiently induce slower eating of wet food.
- Low difficulty level: Three raised areas of this slow feeder cat bowl might not be distracting/engaging enough to slow down feeding time.
Gulp Stopping Plastic Slow Feeder
The price of “Gulp Stopping Plastic Slow Feeder ” varies, so check the latest price at
7. Petmate Jackson Puzzle Bowl
Petmate Jackson Galaxy Go Fish Slow Feeder Puzzle Bowl is designed to indulge your cat in a brain workout with its interactive game.
Furthermore, this slow-feeder cat bowl not only aids digestion but also offers customizability for a better experience.
- Entertaining: The eye-catching fish tails in red with blue contrast bowls on this slow feeder puzzle bowl manage to capture your cat’s attention.The interactive interface invokes the feline cat’s natural instincts, keeping the kitty entertained and busy. Which prevents these greedy creatures from wolfing down all the food. And of course, it’s great for coordinating skills.
- Suitable for multiple cats: Bowl of this slow feeder is round and wide, allowing two cats or more to eat simultaneously.
- Multiple Puzzle patterns: Cats tend to consider themselves superior, mighty and more intelligent than their humans. Although, you can outsmart these moody creatures in their own game. If you suspect your cat has memorized the puzzle and is not facing much difficulty. This slow cat feeder allows you to change it.
- Can Also be Used as a Regular bowl: The fishtail bowl can be dismantled which means it can also be used as a regular feeding bowl.
- Your cat might find the Fishtails irritating: It is very much possible that your lazy sassy indoor cat finds these slow feeder bowls annoying rather than entertaining. And instead of putting effort, it might just be a couch potato. Let’s be honest, you also cook ramen than trying a full-fledged high-effort meal (No one likes to do challenging tasks).
- Requires strict Supervision/dangerous: Your cat’s natural hunting instincts with a slow feeder bowl can turn out to be disastrous. If left alone, your cat might chew on the fish tales and swallow them, resulting in a super expensive surgery. Putting your best friend in possible danger doesn’t sound ideal, does it?
- Expensive for the quality it offers: If you’re low on budget, it might be a little expensive as compared to other options in the market.
Petmate Jackson Feeder Bowl
The price of “Petmate Jackson Feeder Bowl” varies, so check the latest price at
8. Raised Cat Food Bowl Elevated
The raised cat food bowl is not your conventional slow-feeder; it is one of the best slow-feeder cat bowls in terms of everything. Shaped like an elongated oval tray in beautiful white color, this raised cat feeder is designed to offer a comfortable eating experience for your cat.
Its elevation level is perfect to ensure healthy eating habits. Not to mention how much your cat will be happy to have its own dining corner.
- Two-in-one: No need to buy an extra water bowl, this slow feeder already comes with one. Your cat doesn’t need to move much to get water in the middle of eating, the royal treatment it deserves!
- Enhanced digestion: This slow feeder elevated cat bowl guarantees to offer optimum digestion and we will tell you the reason. This cat feeder being above the floor level induces forced chewing and makes it longer period to swallow it. Moreover, gravity acts as the catalyst in aiding healthy habits.
- Spick and Span feeding: Low profile slow feeder cat bowls often become the victims of the cat’s wrath, thrashing around and all. But this elevated slow feeder ensures mess-free eating and no spillage.
- Comfy for cat’s joints/ Relaxed posture: Most slow-feeder cat bowls make cats crouch down which can be very uncomfortable and puts strains on the cat’s joints. However, with this elevated slow feeder bowl, it’s easier for your furry friend to reach food while staying in a relaxed posture.The slight groove in the middle makes it easier for your cat to reach for both slow-feeder bowls without any difficulty. Your cat will stay active and lovey-dovey when the food is digested properly and its body doesn’t feel stiff.
- Too small water bowl: The water bowl that comes with this slow feeder cat bowl is very small, you will have to refill it several times, especially in summer. The best thing would be to place another bowl for water besides that is of optimum size.
Raised Cat Food Bowl Elevated
The price of “Raised Cat Food Bowl Elevated” varies, so check the latest price at
9. DETOP Cat Slow Feeder Bowl
Last but not least on our list is the soft silicone slow feed mat puzzle. It is made of non-toxic eco-friendly silicon.
The zigzag puzzle feeder has ridges 1 inch deep, which is not too deep to overstimulate your cat. Besides, it has an adequate size with dimensions of about 7.32 inches.
- Value for Money: This slow feeder cat bowl, an amazing combination of silicone surface and raised ridges effectively slow down the meal eating time in your cats. Not to mention, cleaning it is a piece of cake. This, it’s worth every cent you pay for it.
- Gentle on gums/ flexible: Unlike the hard plastic slow-feeder cat bowls, this mat puzzle is made of soft silicone, that isn’t harsh on your dog/cat’s teeth and gums. And it also doesn’t produce the irritating sound of teeth grinding against the surface. Comfortable, calm, and slow eating is effectively induced with this.
- Long-lasting: The top-quality silicone used in this manufacturing makes this mat a durable option.
- Portable: Thanks to its light weight this slow-feeder cat bowl is super easy to carry with you wherever you go.
- It isn’t microwave-safe: One of the disadvantages of getting this silicone slow feed mad puzzle is that it is not meant for microwave usage, as it cannot endure much heat. Which can be a little problem.
- Edge around the corner is too low: If your cat is a messy eater, this slow-feeder cat bowl might not be ideal. Its edge lip is too low which can make juicy food ooze out, thus spilling the floor.
DETOP Cat Slow Feeder Bowl
The price of “DETOP Cat Slow Feeder Bowl” varies, so check the latest price at
What Types of Slow Feeders Are There?
There are multiple types of slow feeders out there, but how would you know what’s the best one for you? The type of slow feeder cat bowls varies with material, profile, interactivity, difficulty level and of course your cat/dog’s breed, size and temperament.
In this article, almost every type of slow-feeder cat bowl has been covered thoroughly. Hopefully, you found the right type for you now.
Now, better digestion doesn’t mean your cat won’t poo at all, it’s inevitable if you didn’t know already. Choose the best litter for cats to ensure a tranquil poo session, as it also greatly impacts your feline friend’s digestive health.
Cats surely are greedy eaters, but that shouldn’t overshadow how cute these fluffy creatures are, and the joy they bring in your life by just existing. So, whether your cat is turning into a bulky ball of fur by stuffing food like a beast, or vomits around all over the house—getting a slow cat feeder will prove to be a lifesaver.
Choose a slow feeder keeping your needs, your cat’s personality and necessary qualities like anti-slip, boredom killing, physical/mental engagement and comfort in mind. When the food is digested properly, it keeps your cat in a joyful mood; every cat owner’s dream.
Hopefully, this article helped you with what you were looking for!